04 Aug Advantages Of SMS As A Medium In Mobile Marketing
A lot has been said about the benefits of SMS in mobile marketing for the “mobvertiser” – yea that’s the newest slang for businesses that advertise via mobile. The humble SMS or Short Message Service is undoubtedly an excellent and tested strategy for businesses wanting to connect with more customers, via their mobile phones this year.
However, this aspect of mobile marketing is largely untapped and is filled with potentials to change the face of advertising the world over. It is important that the mobvertiser understands the advantages of SMS marketing, before actually entering the field and creating elaborate advertising campaigns.
Every newbie marketer should be aware of the advantages of mobile marketing . The same is the case with SMS marketing because realistically they are complimentary and one can’t succeed without the other.
service Marketing by way of SMS as a form of mobile marketing is one of the best ways of reaching out to more customers, for the following reasons:
- SMS is one of the most immediate channels available; with a read rate of 97% within 15 minutes delivery, you can be reassured that your time critical messages will be read almost instantly. A significant 45% of SMS campaigns generate a successful ROI, reaching over 50% when combined with other popular channels such as email and social media.
- Since users opt-in to receive SMS messages from companies, this type of marketing pulls in a niche audience, which is keenly interested to know more about the product or service concerned.
- Since all the messages are going out to users in real-time and are instantly delivered, businesses can offer impromptu discounts and deals to their customers. Industries such as real estate can immediately notify customers about updated property listings and the latest properties available. Car sales, laundry services, etc can also use this.
- SMS being highly interactive, companies or businesses can keep in constant contact with their clients and customers, urging them to participate in surveys, fill out questionnaires and vote in polls
- Gathering user data is much easier by way of SMS marketing. This makes it much easier for the company to make changes to the advertising campaign, as and when necessary. Try out our SMS Autoresponder and see how you can gather your customer data successfully via sms with the free trial.
- Your business can consider offering rewards for users’ participation. If they can also integrate this with the various types of mobile social media available today, existing users would be able to spread their message through word of mouth.
If you haven’t integrated SMS as a dimension in your mobile marketing strategy, then you need a quick rethink in order to move ahead in your business by taking full and unlimited advantage of this intricate and dynamic medium of Mobile Marketing called SMS Marketing.